Saturday, November 13, 2010

RA Analysis- Visual Art

R.A. Analysis- Visual Art (word count: 340)

Painting of Broadway New York at night. (i'm going to try to post a picture of it, I have this painting)

1. Argument- You should go to New York because you will have the time of your life.
2. Most people, teenagers and up, and more so for those you recognize or enjoy theatre productions
3. How? this painting appeals to pathos most of all. It is FULL of bright colors. The streets seems to be glowing with red and yellow. This draws people attention to the painting and also depicts a lively night scene. The people in the picture are really small compared to the buildings and many posters. This shows how big and grand everything is in New York. This appeals to all the people who love to walk the streets of a big bustling city. The posters of different plays and musicals take up most of the painting, showing famous and recognizable productions. This would cause many to long to go there to see these famous productions. Especially for those people who have never been to New York. I think this painting shows ethos, authority, in showing all these famous plays. This is because all play productions come out of New York first and Broadway has first pick on what they want to produce. This just reminds its audience that Broadway is the best place to see any production.
4. Effective? I think this painting is effective in making its viewers want to go to New York. I have never been there myself and every time I look at this painting I long to be there. It catches viewers' emotions and makes them wish they were one of the people in the painting.

STAR

Sufficient- I think there is sufficient emotion and intrigue in this painting. The bright colors fill the entire painting and the whole thing is bursting with excitement. From this painting alone there is enough reason for anyone to want to go there!

Relevant- The painting can appeal to most people because everyone is either intrigued by an exciting night on the town, big buildings and bright lights, or the joy of seeing a musical.

No comments:

Post a Comment