Saturday, November 6, 2010

RA Analysis- Paper A

R.A. Analysis- Paper A (word count 342)

Texting and Facebook: Convenience or Hindrance?
by: Emily Dance

1. Arugment- Texting and facebook will hinder personal relationships
2. Audience- young adults and teenagers who like to facebook and text
3. How? I believe I used alot of pathos in my counterarguments. This is because I addressed all the reasons why they love to text and facebook. This shows I care how they feel and recognize their side of the argument. I also use pathos to show them that too much facebook and texting can cause them more problems with their relationships which they definitely do not want. These problems including, confronting their friends, saying things they do not mean, misunderstandings. I think that I could have showed more pathos by telling them why face to face interaction is important to have in a relationship. What the value of it is. I used logos by using statistics showing them the numbers of how much people text and use facebook. I established ethos by quoting credible sources such as a psychologist and a journal dedicated to media psychology.
4. Effective?- I believe that my paper was effective in showing my audience how too much texting and facebook could hinder their relationships. I think that I should have established what too much texting and facebook was though. I think that I used a good tone for the paper that was casual and spunky, like my audience.

STAR

Sufficient- I think that there was a good balance of argument and evidence along with my counterarguments
Relevant- I used a tone that was casual to appeal to my audience. I also started and ended the paper referring to blogs and using "internet lingo" which they understand. Such as, screen names. I also used a personal example to connect to the audience and show them that I understand how they feel.
Typical- I think that the information I presented was relevant to my subject and was easy for the audience to understand. The statistics were basic and straight forward.
Accurate- I think my argument were fair because for almost all of my reasons, I showed the counterargument

No comments:

Post a Comment